Stakeholders: Power-Interest Grid
The advantage of the stakeholder approach is, that a number of acteurs are included, that have influence on a project - from partners to donors. But what then? This model can be used for orientation. It evaluates stakeholders after two criteria
- power: how able they are to influence your project
- interest: how they want to influence or to support the project
 1. Overview
Get an overview over all stakeholders, possible with a Mindmap. Or you start with these helpful questions:
- Who shows interest in the project idea?
- Who could show interest?
- For whom is the project useful
- Who can contribute or support the project materially or non-materially?
- Who is against this project idea?
- Who has influence on the implementation process?
 2. Analysis
Then examine, how they can be weightened by the two criteria „power“ and „interest“.
|Media Partner TV||3||1|
 3. Conclusions
When you analyze this you can draw some conclusions. In example - how to organize the communication with those stakeholders and to what extent you have to share your awareness with them.
| + power, - interest:
| + power, + interest:|
| - power, - interest:
| - power, + interest:|
Adapted from: Andreas Knoth/ Stiftung MITARBEIT: Eigenmittel erwirtschaften - Eine Navigationshilfe für gemeinnützige Träger, Stiftung MITARBEIT, Bonn 2004